My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 9:47:08 pm
kenny j

www.fabspeed.com/911Carrera.html
have a lok at the video
very tempting to buy
they have a very high quality system with a cat by pass modified so you can do away with the rear box
sounds awsome also loads of other options

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 6:00:58 am
Pete

They are nice.  Love the sound too.

Have a look at my car thread at the bottom I have a coupole of videos with the Hayward and scott exhaust.  I quite like the sound of that too.  My Exhaust sound

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 5:53:26 pm
cdrik915

ATTENTION : before buying a  Fabspeed , just read my experience with : !!!

The story is too long to be entirely related here , but for resume , i bought a complete RSR set with  headers + muffler , paid 2690 euros , and NOTHING fitted fine.

Incredible : the heater ways out welded in the wrong way ,  cracks , leaks , and an after-sale ........ridiculous.

Jay at Fabspeed is the king of "i apologyse" , but has never solved any  issues with Fabspeed products.

A real shame.

In fact , we are two friends of a same forum (911.org) having bought this system of exhaust .

And we had both the same issues.

I finally all changed for a Dansk , and all fits fine.

This is an example of what you can expect from this brand :

My friend's car , a 964 RS :

All that shines is not gold.
LIGHTER  = FASTER !!!

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 7:15:52 pm
cdrik915

If you want a real exhaust , with great sound , M&K , Hayward&Scott , Dansk , RarlyL8 ,  and ............the ultimate exhaust :

LIGHTER  = FASTER !!!

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 7:22:05 pm
cdrik915

The thing to consider is the tubing diameter used for the headers.

38 mm , like the SSI , is restrictive at hight rpm , but gives torque at low RPM.

Headers with 40/42 mm diameter , gives more power at hight RPM but less torque .
LIGHTER  = FASTER !!!

Posted: Nov 27, 2011 7:44:57 pm
cdrik915

Pete , what's your experience  and opinion with your Hayward & Scott please  ???

LIGHTER  = FASTER !!!

Posted: Nov 28, 2011 6:20:24 pm
hukent

I have a Dansk on my 3.2 Carrera, fitted perfectly, nice welding, solid construction and gives good torque.
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Dec 05, 2011 5:28:48 pm
Pete

Im very happy with my my hayward abnd scott.  Very good qiality build and guarenteed for life.  It definitely delivers more power and also a great sound.

This is my car with the exhaust fitted:  www.p101tv.com/videos/33/a-quick-blast

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 8:38:01 pm
spenner

I must admit, I asked about a lot when I was looking for an exhaust for mine and Dansk came with good reviews. So I bit the bullet and went for a full stainless steel dansk system, the whole system fitted with no issues whatsoever, good welds and looks smart.  :agree:

Posted: Jan 15, 2013 3:31:19 pm
Pete

Quote: spenner at Dec 13, 2011 8:38:01 pm
I must admit, I asked about a lot when I was looking for an exhaust for mine and Dansk came with good reviews. So I bit the bullet and went for a full stainless steel dansk system, the whole system fitted with no issues whatsoever, good welds and looks smart.  :agree:

I always hear good thinks with Dansk.....

Posted: Feb 02, 2013 6:49:25 pm
JK

I've got a Cargraphic box and pipe on mine, looks very well made and sounds awesome at full chat.

As for Fabspeed, I recently bought their Cup air box,  it was the cheapest piece of tat I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. It was promptly returned.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 8:28:34 pm
Pete

Quote: JK at Feb 02, 2013 6:49:25 pm
I've got a Cargraphic box and pipe on mine, looks very well made and sounds awesome at full chat.

As for Fabspeed, I recently bought their Cup air box,  it was the cheapest piece of tat I have ever had the misfortune of encountering. It was promptly returned.

I dont think airboxes do much for the intake / performance on a 3.2.  The best is what it comes with unless you want to go for ITB's.

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 8:50:36 pm
JK

I've gone back to a drilled stock air box. Plenty of noise from the stainless exhaust though!

Posted: Apr 15, 2013 12:00:42 pm
Pete

Which exhaust did you get jk

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums