My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Sep 04, 2010 11:09:04 am
stevebays

Seems the new hose I have purchased will not fit, is there supposed to be an inner sleeve for the hose to fit too

Posted: Sep 04, 2010 11:18:17 am
Pete

Hi Steve - can you be a little more descriptive of what you bought and what it was intended to replace.

Posted: Sep 04, 2010 11:27:19 am
stevebays

I have attached a picture and an arrow pointing to the pipe

Posted: Sep 04, 2010 11:29:40 am
stevebays

try again

Posted: Sep 04, 2010 2:51:56 pm
Pete

Hi Steve - Like most forums you have to have the picture hosted else where, and then embedd it here.

If you have your pictures hosted on www.p101tv.com then read this guide www.myporsche911.co.uk/upb/viewtopic.php?id=22&t_id=10

or if its hosted on a site like photobucket, then read this guide www.myporsche911.co.uk/upb/viewtopic.php?id=22&t_id=2

Posted: Sep 05, 2010 11:55:38 am
stevebays

Hi,
Sorry not very good at forums.
Spent yesterday afternoon, putting the pipe in hot water and stretching and bending into shape.
This has worked so far, not sure if it will shrink and as the engine heats up.
Hopefully I have done the right thing. If not I will be in touch.
Here is the picture of the hose.

Posted: Sep 05, 2010 12:00:48 pm
Pete

Ah, yes.  Now I know the pipe you are talking about.  Tey can be a pain to fit.  Hot water and maybe some grease will get you there in the end! 

How's the heat output now?  All good?

Posted: Sep 05, 2010 3:56:37 pm
stevebays

Hi,
I took the car for a spin about 3 weeks ago, and when we stopped, again the engine would not turn over.
An RAC man pulled over and took a liking to the car, he put a meter on the battery when we tried the ignition, it was pulling 170 amps. He said the starter motor was faulty, and because the engine gets so hot this adds to the problem.
So I had the starter motor reconditioned, took it for a long drive, got the engine really hot, pulled over, held my breath, and hey presto the engine started first time.
Looks like this is all the problem was.
No smoking, runs superb,goes like a rocket, the only issue that need to be addressed, is the tick over,
The distributor is set fully to advanced, when cold, the throttle adjuster needs to be pulled about half way, when hot this is still needed, but not so much, otherwise the engine stalls.
The car has only done 100 mile since the top half rebuild about 5 years ago.
I dont feel the engine needs a service, but a tune who be a good idea.
I am thinking of taking the car to an engining tuning place in Colchester.
What do you think?

Posted: Sep 15, 2010 7:02:54 am
Pete

Hi Steve - your making real progress on this one.  The starter motor was a good call.  How much was the recondition and where did you get it done.  Might be helpful for others in the future?

The tune up sounds like a good idea.  Who are you taking it to?  It could be a fuel starvation issue?

Sounds like your falling in love with the car!

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums