My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Nov 24, 2010 2:25:01 pm
cardoc

Hi guys, I'm writing this on behalf of my husband who owns a 911 Carrera (2001). He has actually sold this car, BUT, when he went to get into it this morning it won't open,. not with the remote nor the key, although it was a very frosty morning and it was left on the drive all week. I was the last person in it, as I was showing a prospective purchaser around it, and although I started it for him, I turned it off and went off with the keys and left him to look over it. Two days later, I forgot I hadn't locked it, so I used the remote, the lights flashed and it locked, everything normal. Today,, however, one week down the line, we can't get in it. The frost has gone, so I just tried again, and nothing, no flashing lights, no nothing and I can't even open it physically with the key!! Oh dear, I fear I'm in the dog-house now coz the bloke is coming on Saturday to pick it up and hubby wants to get it serviced beforehand, so any help/ideas would be very much appreciated.Thanks! :)

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 11:43:06 am
hukent

Flat battery?
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Nov 25, 2010 12:14:53 pm
cardoc

Thanks Hu, yes, that's what he suspects, and the Porsche garage haven't been very helpful apart from to tell him to get it up there and they'll take a look!!! He's now out there with metal rods trying to get into it that way. Is there any other way please????

He got to the door handle with the metal rods, but the door wouldn't even open. He then jacked it up, set the alarm off, but that's now stopped.

Personally, I think the best bet is to get into the engine so he can at least replace the battery, so anybody got any bright ideas to do that please????

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 10:34:35 am
Pete

If it was a flat battery, I wonder why the pysical key wont work.  Sounds strange. 

The battery is in the front, so you need a way of popping the bonnet..  Im not sure if there is a way in like the early 911's (74-89).  I'll try and look into it....

Posted: Nov 26, 2010 1:00:34 pm
cardoc

Thanks Pete, much appreciated. He's now got to the stage where he wants to "torch" it, but sadly, it''s sitting on the driveway too near to the house!

He's been onto a Porsche specalist where he took it for some work recently, and although they will have it in, they said it's actually gone into "deadlock" now,( hence the reason why the key won't even work manually). He can't find that leadwire which is supposed to be hanging down under the wheel arch when he jacks it up, because some bright spark hasn't poked it back through probably after doing some work on the engine or wherever!  He has managed to get into the car through the window with the coathanger equivalent, but the door handle won't work, so he's left with the option now of smashing a window, at least that way, he can get to the fusebox where apparently, there is another way he can charge that battery or at least pop the bonnet.  He is now waiting for a vehicle locksmith he knows who is on his way, and he also does recoveries, so one way or the other, it'll be off the drive this afternoon - probably heading for the nearest cliff - with him in it!!!

I'm glad I've got a bimmer!!!

Posted: Dec 03, 2010 10:42:40 am
Pete

You cant argue about Porsche security..........  Sounds like its designed to keep everyone out.  Including the owner. 

Have you made any more progress?

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums