My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Jul 20, 2011 12:59:59 pm
Alcat

Have a 930 twin which has been giving me a few problems. Had the engine opened and it appears that the mods that were done to make this a 'race car' were done so poorly that I now have to replace all the pistons, sleeves and rings. Any suggestions on best place to get well priced parts. Just replaced the turbo' s too. Bit of a nightmare but at least now will end up with a 'new engine' and reliability to boot.

Posted: Jul 21, 2011 1:08:55 pm
hukent

Where in the country are you?
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 8:57:10 am
Alcat

I'm in South Africa. Parts are too expensive here. Will need to get in from UK or USA.

Posted: Jul 22, 2011 1:59:14 pm
hukent

Try Here:
http://www.type911shop.co.uk/shop/catalog/browse?shop_param=
or here:
http://www.mbscarparts.com/
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Sep 21, 2011 11:21:24 am
Mazdaholic

Hi Alcat,
I too have been looking for replacement parts and have over the last couple of months sourced pistons & barrels from the States. Try:-
LNE Engineering who do their own billet cylinders and JE forged pistons (I got some 105mm machine fit ones, taking it out to almost 4.0 ltrs) - www.LNEngineering.com and I'm just in the process of buying some 102mm's from Wossner - www.wossneronline.com

Both significantly cheaper than here in UK , costs about $300 for insured shipments and if you ask them nicely will ship with a low - or even 'Gift' invoice value to 'minimize' your import costs!

Good luck

JIM

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 5:12:18 am
EdwardsDrawge

How can we rebuild this 930 engine and What is required to rebuild this engine?

Posted: Dec 05, 2011 8:48:31 am
Pete

The US can be a very good option.  I waited until the exchange rate was really good and bought all my pictons, barrels, rings, valves, bearings etc.  Even with shipping I saved a small fortune. 

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums