My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Aug 01, 2009 3:45:32 pm
Pete

Do my arches look big in these?

I've been thinking about the RUF look for ages and thought I'd try on a set of speedlines to see what they look like before considering buying a set.  What do you think - speedlines or Fuchs?

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 8:20:44 pm
SilverWT

Wheels look good Pete.... but i prefer the Fuchs.

Mark

Posted: Aug 13, 2009 5:41:18 pm
Dirty Fuchs

Back from Hols,,,,,
Pete, dont even ponder - seen them in the flesh on a lowered black Carrera,,,,,, knockout.
Yes, they may be slightly heavier than Fuch, but unless the difference between winning and loosing can be put down to a couple of kilos then why should it be a problem.
My favourites have always been Fuch, however like Brian (he of martinibird fame) the speedlines are the only other 'real option' aye there are BBS etc but the looks of the speedlines are superb (just wish I could buy them).
They certainly didnt do the yellowbird 'marque' any injustice on the road or being on one of the fastest cars on the planet.
Go for it mate.
Regards

Dirty Fuchs. (rofl)
You only live once so enjoy it.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 4:28:26 pm
Kieron

Are the Speedline (Ruf) wheels still available? can you tell me where to find them on internet, I think they suit a 3.2 really well.

Posted: Aug 13, 2010 8:20:22 pm
Pete

Hi Kieron - yes I agree they look good on a 3.2.  You can still buy them from RUF but theyare quite expensive.  If you email them they normally get back quite quickly.

Alternatively, and more cheaply, they do turn up available second hand from time to time.  Just have to keep searching and looking.  They are out there, but getting harder to find.

Posted: Aug 14, 2010 7:10:06 pm
Kieron

Hi Pete, I e mailed Ruf and got a reply from them saying they no longer make this wheel.
Ah well.

Posted: Aug 15, 2010 8:29:51 am
Pete

Don't give up Kieron.  They are definitely out there second hand.  Just keep scouring.  Keep an eye out on places like ebay and Stuttgart Exchange.  They do come up from time to time.

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 6:52:01 pm
Dil1232

HI PETE, I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A DEAL WITH A GUY FOR A SET OF RUF SPEEDLINES NO TYRES FOR MY SUPERSPORT WHEELS WITH TYRE AND £500, IM TEMPTED BUT WOULD HAVE LIKED TO KEEP MY FUCHS AS WELL WHAT DO ALL YOU GUYS THINK, GOOD OR BAD, I DO LOVE THE RUF?? (hm)

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 9:18:28 pm
spenner

Sitting on the fence with this one bud. If you love the RUF`S and can afford it, go for it. But for me I love the Fuch`s, the 911 just looks right on them and in the future, prospective purchasers expect fuch to either be on the car or at least with it.

At the end of the day, its your car and your choice, there is no right or wrong, for me go with what makes you happy and stuff the rest.  :agree:

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 5:06:27 pm
hukent

A good set of Supersport Fuchs with tyres is worth £2000 - £2500,
so no, not a good deal.
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Dec 15, 2011 8:59:21 pm
Dil1232

Cheers all, I might see if i can get them without losing the fuchs, as mine are mint and I was torn between them but looking at it now proberly will regrete selling the fuchs

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums