My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Mar 28, 2010 8:13:18 pm
hukent

Finally got my heater to work today, by adjusting the potentiometer, and refitting one end of the actuator lever.
I wish I hadn't bothered..............................
It's now like a bloody sauna in the car!!!!!  (M) 
How do you keep cool? (confused) 
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 3:46:42 pm
MarkJ

havent you got a sensor in the car that moderates the temps ? I havent got hot in my car once yet, though not surprising after the winter we just had !
Only time i seem to use the heater controls is to demist the screen, otherwise i generally just feel cool air when the control is at zero.
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Mar 29, 2010 6:04:44 pm
hukent

Probably, I expect that's not working either!
I'll check it out on the weekend.
Hu.

Posted: Apr 03, 2010 12:58:31 pm
Pete

Isnt the sensor up high on the roof by the rear view mirror.....  Cant be sure though as I havent got that system....

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 4:56:00 pm
spenner

My SC has that system, Pete`s right the sensor`s a strange thing above the mirror fixed to the roof rail. When I wrestled the worlds most complex heating system on mine, I worked out the that sensor connects to the heater control box between the front seats. Its not an expensive part fortunately. For heaters that dont work there is a brilliant step by step fault diagnosis in "100 projects for your porsche" I copied it and laminated it for future use. If anyone requires it I am sure I can pass it on. On a related note, the engine bay heater fan that boosts the heating air, on mine started to run backwards since the other day????? now its sucking air up the ducting instead of blowing???

Craig

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 5:06:57 pm
hukent

Quote: Pete at Apr 03, 2010 12:58:31 pm
Isnt the sensor up high on the roof by the rear view mirror.....  Cant be sure though as I havent got that system....

My sensor is on the dash, It's working fine, my problem is the sensor that fits onto the flapper box,
it has fallen off! 
Hu.

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 5:16:15 pm
spenner

Ahhh, is it still attached to the wire but come out of the flapperbox or fallen off and gone to sensor heaven?
Craig

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 5:24:39 pm
hukent

Quote: spenner at Apr 05, 2010 5:16:15 pm
Ahhh, is it still attached to the wire but come out of the flapperbox or fallen off and gone to sensor heaven?
Craig

Still attached, and flapping in the breeze!
Hu.

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 10:31:06 pm
spenner

At least you havn`t lost the sensor, its going to have to be removal of the flapper box for a little operation then. Hopefully you can do some metal surgery to re-attach it. Mine are not in the best condition and need changing in the future, I have found no one is making stainless replacements, unles I have missed them.
;)

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums