My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Nov 11, 2009 8:31:15 am
Pete

I'd like to get one of those battery conditioners that you leave of the battery while its stored away inbetween drives.  Any recommendations on which one?

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 7:56:36 pm
spenner

Pete did you get one? I can recommend the optimate, I have one on my motorbike (because I only use it,  A when garanteed to be dry and B when on the very odd days I am off in the summer that the missses is at work) I used to have to replace the battery every spring season following laying the bike up over winter, so I bought the optimate and a new gell battery, never had a problem since (having said that I will have to check the bikes even still in the garage, dont think I ve used it in the last 6 mnth) The optimate has an automatic diagnostic function to tell the battery condition and also cycles between trickle charge and discharge.

Cheers Craig  :agree:

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 8:36:45 pm
Pete

Quote: spenner at Jan 05, 2010 7:56:36 pm
Pete did you get one? I can recommend the optimate, I have one on my motorbike (because I only use it,  A when garanteed to be dry and B when on the very odd days I am off in the summer that the missses is at work) I used to have to replace the battery every spring season following laying the bike up over winter, so I bought the optimate and a new gell battery, never had a problem since (having said that I will have to check the bikes even still in the garage, dont think I ve used it in the last 6 mnth) The optimate has an automatic diagnostic function to tell the battery condition and also cycles between trickle charge and discharge.

Cheers Craig  :agree:

No I didnt get one, but I am still on the lookout.  Any thoughts on best place to buy?

is this the one you are refering to:

Cheers

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 10:35:10 pm
spenner

No mate thats not the same one, it does do the same job supposedly. Put optimate into google and they should be everywhere. Busters who are a motorbike accssesary place do them and they are good. A lot of people I know with bikes use the optimate ones with no complaints.
Craig  ;) 

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 3:27:45 pm
Pete

Is this the one:

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 6:41:44 pm
Pete

Ive decided to go for the ctek xs3600, here:

Spec:

* Charging voltage - 12V
    * Sulphated battery recovery - Yes
    * Bulk charge rate - 0.8A/3.6A
    * Peak charge with minimal fluid loss - 14.4V/14.7V