My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 11:36:30 am
Pete

I am having the front wishbones shot blast and powdercoated.  This will ruin the existing OEM bushes so I need to replace them.

What are my after market options for this replacement bearing in mind my car is both road and track use.

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 6:36:47 pm
AndrewPA

Pete,
Various suppliers sell standard or polyurethane bushes for front and rear, including anti-roll bars, but I don't know if the latter are deemed a better bet for road or track. Anyone care to offer an opinion?
Have a look at Type 911's website (they're based near Bromley so not far from you).
Andrew

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 9:24:07 pm
Pete

Hi Andrew

I have managed to find a number of alternatives.  Elephant racing in the states do an OEM type rubber solution as well as a polyurethane and bronze. 

I also managed to source a company in the UK selling polyurethane ones.  The company is SuperPro.

The latter is much cheaper at £50 set.  The ones in the US start at US$300

Posted: Apr 08, 2009 7:08:21 pm
Dirty Fuchs

Pete have no hesitation fitting Superpro bushes they really are the business.
Easy to fit and with just a little compliance. The original bushes (on the rear spring plates for example) work in shear but the superpro are actually bushes so the springplate turns within the bush - use the proper lubricant and you will have no problems with them and everything will feel tighter. They last well too and no nasty 'squeeks'.
Got my last sets from Early911 who were helpfull as always - done the whole lot on my car with them..... changed the total driving experience handles as new steering sound and true and very quiet. :)
Hope this helps.
Regards

Dirty Fuchs. ;)
You only live once so enjoy it.

Posted: Apr 09, 2009 8:00:54 am
Pete

I have ended up fitting RSR Spring plates at the rear.  This has no bushing and relies in a rose joint bearing:

I bought the ones in the gold passivate colour.

For now I have used the dtandard bushings for the front wishbones and roll bars. My thought here was given I have RSR coilovers I need to be careful how much compliance I remove from the car.

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums