My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Pages (4):1 ...
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 9:57:46 pm
JK

Hello everyone just joined so thought I best post up a few pictures of my 911 before I start pestering you all with questions!

Posted: Apr 14, 2009 10:00:41 pm
Pete

Welcome to the forum JK.  Nice 911. 

Tell us a bit more about the car.  The spec the mods the performance etc.

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 7:50:36 am
JK

Not too sure on the performance figures as I am yet to get it on a dyno I do know its highly entertaining to drive though! The noise alone makes it worth it.

The current spec.....

3.0 litre flat six
K&N panel filter
964 kit
Porsche cup alloys
Cup mirrors
Goodridge brake hoses
Corbeau sprint seats
Sparco full roll cage with door bars
Sparco 4pt harness's
Sparco suede steering wheel
Sparco passenger foot rest
Battery kill switch
fully striped inside
Cropped/lightened wiring loom
Perspex side windows and quarter lights
Fire extinguisher
Sparco bonnet and boot pins
Suede dash
Light weight wheel nuts

Posted: Apr 15, 2009 3:45:27 pm
Wildsie

Welcome JK nice 911........................ :agree:
www.mikewilds.com

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 9:11:52 pm
Pete

JK - Have you done anything to the engine or is it running standard config?

It would be interesting to know what you plan to do to the engine although given the lightweight mods it probably pulls well already I would imagine.

Posted: Apr 29, 2009 9:49:17 pm
JK

Only engine mod I am aware of is the K&N filter. Given the weight it does go really well highly entertaining actually!

Not too sure where to go performance wise I don't have bags of cash to spend on it at the minute but I would like to tune it at some point. Not sure where to start though so any pointers much appreciated! I was watching a 3.3 turbo engine on ebay a while ago if only funds would allow!!

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 9:50:24 am
Pete

There as many things you can do to improve power depending on how big your budget is.  Porsches are quite expensive to tune.  Porsche generally managed to most of the extractable power out of their engines.

So as a baseline the 3.0 SC spec was as follows:

Capacity: 2994cc
CR: 8.5:1
BHP: 180bhp
Torque: 195 ft lbs

An obvious choice would be to change the engine.  NA or Turbo?  A well trodden path is to buy a 993 varioram engine at 3.6ltr.  This is not cheap but its all relative.  I went for a ground up approach and took a 3.2 carerra engine and tuned it to bits....expensive but enjoyable.  A 3.6ltre swap would be cheaper.

If you are sticking to the SC engine then you could make a real hot rod engine out of it and make it like the 3.0 RS.  A nice high reving torqy beast.

So there's cams (maybe an eraly 'S') valvles increase compression ratio throttle bodies.......

Lots to think about

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 7:03:30 pm
JK

Did the 1981 european SC not make 204bhp??

I think I am going to stick with naturally aspirated as I love how responsive it is in the Porsche. I have a few bits to tidy up before the engine mods begin so this should give me time to assess my funds and make a plan.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 7:23:03 pm
Pete

NA rocks IMHO  :happy013: The SC started with less power and then finished up with 204 bhp.

Looking forward to seeing progress on your and maybe helping you decide which way to go on the power front.

Posted: May 04, 2009 4:19:11 pm
Brian911s

:D Hi and wellcome.
There's realy a bit more "track"  over your car than mine looking great  impressive full roll cage :agree:

Looking foreward to see more of your car..

Cheers
Brian
Use your Porsche as it's meant to you know what I mean :)
Regards
Brian

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 4:00:23 pm
JK

Painted my roll cage white today, I think it looks so much better now!

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 4:33:40 pm
Dirty Fuchs

A nice set of fuchs would be the business on that now JK :happy07:
Regards

Dirty Fuchs (seller of a wonderful set of 16'' fuchs with new tyres) :agree2:
You only live once so enjoy it.

Posted: Jun 20, 2009 7:21:19 pm
Pete

Nice work JK.  Did you make it or buy it?  Whats the fit like and how easy was it install?

Do you know how much it all weighed in at?

Good work.  :agree:

Posted: Jun 23, 2009 7:25:58 pm
JK

As much as I like the Fuchs I am really after a set of BBS Le Mans!

Pete, the cage was already in the car when I got it, I just took it out and painted it white. Its a sparco item and the fit is pretty flawless. Not sure how much the cage weighs, but the car with me and quarter tank of fuel is 1120kg.

Posted: Jul 22, 2009 10:29:34 am
Pete

I notice your selling your rear boot lid and spoiler.  what plans have you got for your car - light weight or something a bit different.....?

Posted: Jul 23, 2009 8:41:14 pm
JK

I am a bit of a revamp so I am going for a 964 rear end, electric spoiler and all. I also want lower suspension and some new wheels!

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 7:24:44 pm
JK

Got my wheels today, well pleased with them. Can't wait until the weekend now to get them bolted on.

8x17 fronts and 9.5x17 rears

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 7:38:53 pm
Pete

Quote: JK at Jan 12, 2010 7:24:44 pm
Got my wheels today, well pleased with them. Can't wait until the weekend now to get them bolted on.

8x17 fronts and 9.5x17 rears

Awesome Jay.  Nice find!

9.5 at the back is going to be a close one.  Should be tight, but just about give you clearance.  Lets see some pics of them on the car.

What rubber is on them?

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 7:52:00 pm
JK

Rears have 265/40/17 Toyo proxes t1 and fronts have 235/45/17 Fulda Y3000.

I am currently running 9" rears with 255's so I am hoping if I run 245's there will be plenty of room under there!
I am in contact with an American company at the minute trying to finalise the parts for the coilover conversion so hopefully I will get that sorted some and get the car a bit closer to the floor!!

I also really want to get the inside tidied up and painted white, 964 electric rear spoiler and the manual window conversion so I have plenty to be going on with!

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 8:30:00 pm
Pete

Quote: JK at Jan 12, 2010 7:52:00 pm
Rears have 265/40/17 Toyo proxes t1 and fronts have 235/45/17 Fulda Y3000.

I am currently running 9" rears with 255's so I am hoping if I run 245's there will be plenty of room under there!
I am in contact with an American company at the minute trying to finalise the parts for the coilover conversion so hopefully I will get that sorted some and get the car a bit closer to the floor!!

I also really want to get the inside tidied up and painted white, 964 electric rear spoiler and the manual window conversion so I have plenty to be going on with!

I run 245's on the rear on a set of 9's and they fit nice;y, so I would hop you'll be fine!  Looking forward to seeing them on the car fella.

Pages (4):1 ...

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums